Freed Hotels & Resorts are thoughtfully designed with an emphasis on attention to detail, and our hotels and
resorts provide best-in-class service and incredible amenities – no matter the season.
Located in beautiful Gravenhurst, Ontario the General Manager is responsible for overseeing the
overall operations of the resort and ensuring that it runs smoothly and efficiently. Reporting directly
to the Chief Operating Officer, the General Manager is the on property liaison driving the Freed
Hotels & Resorts brand, vision and company culture.
The General Manager is accountable for ensuring customer satisfaction, improving the resort’s
reputation, and driving financial results.
All management and key personnel are to:
Uphold the Resorts mission and vision as determined by the VP of Resort Operations & Ownership.
Maintain open communication and cooperation with all departments and Directors for team results.
Ensure each employee is accountable for their activities and ensure their behaviors are consistent with objectives determined by the VP of Resort Operations /Ownership.
Optimize the potential of all operations through the creation of dynamic programs to increase the use of the resort.
Provide positive public relations to all members and guests as well as promote the resort and community.
● Develop and implement strategies to achieve the resort’s goals and objectives.
● Work collaboratively with the other Freed Hotels & Resort Leaders to ensure consistency
within the organization.
● Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and developments in the hospitality, resort and golf
● Foster a culture of innovation, collaboration, and teamwork among the resort’s staff.
● Conduct performance evaluations for the Executive Team resort’s staff and provide
feedback and coaching.
● Represent the resort in the local community and at industry events.
● Ensure full compliance to Resort and Brand operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures
and service standards.
● Responsible for the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the Resorts
Operating Budget, Marketing & Sales plan and Capital Budget.
● Lead all key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
● Liaise with Executive team members in the successful handling of complaints of guests and
homeowners and oversee the service recovery procedures.
● Manage on-going profitability of the Resort, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets
are met and exceeded.
● Manage the resort’s finances, including budgeting, forecasting, and reporting.
● Deliver Resort budget goals and set other short and long term strategic goals for the
● React to the P&L statements and financial reports to develop improvement actions and carry
out cost savings.
● Support the COO, Freed Hotels & Resorts in the overall management and strategic direction
of the Resort.
● Work with the Executive Team to ensure that monthly financial outlooks are on target and
● Working alongside the HR Director to champion and lead the succession planning and
employee development practices throughout the Resort.
● Work closely with the Revenue/Reservations team to ensure hotel and conference targets
are being met and competitive to market.
● Support the overall operations and Executive Team to ensure that all decisions are made
within the best interest of the company and are fiscally responsible.
● Act as a final decision maker in hiring key roles.
● Manage and develop the Resort Executive team to ensure career progression and
● Provide effective leadership to Resort team members.
● Responsible for supporting the Executive team through organizational audits and
● Responsible for maintaining and upholding the federal, provincial and municipal regulations
in regards to safety and other legal requirements.
● Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce
● Ensure full compliance to Resort and SOX operating controls.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Proven experience as a General Manager or in a similar leadership role in the hospitality
● Exceptional communication, interpersonal and guest handling skills.
● Ability to motivate developing leaders to act as entrepreneurs while innovating guest-
oriented solutions creatively and profitably.
● Computer literate in Microsoft Windows applications including Opera and payroll systems.
● Strong financial management skills and experience with budgeting and forecasting.
● Ability to think strategically and solve problems creatively.
● Strong knowledge of hospitality operations, customer service, and industry trends.
● Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
● Must be legally eligible to work in Canada